Github love and integration
As a developer you have to love Github (for its simplicity, its flexibility and how it changed the web). That is why LingoHub has provided a Github integration from the beginning. We just released a small update to this integration and we noticed our public documentation doesn't reflect all the possibilities yet. So here is how you can authenticate through Github and get the most out of connecting your Github repository with LingoHub:
Github integration step I: Authenticate with Github
Right now you can use six different authentication providers to sign up or sign in: Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Xing ... and Github.
The first authentication redirects you to your Github account and asks if you give LingoHub access to your Github account. Here I want to mention two things:
1. We require read/write access to your repositories and to your account information. Sometimes users ask us why we need access to repositories for authentication. We don't need or use this information for the sign-in process, but for other integrations like automatic synchronization of resource files,
2. You can always disconnect LingoHub from your Github account, ending the integration.
Github integration step II: Connect project with Github repository
You can connect your LingoHub project to any of your Github repositories. This enables you to automatically synchronize resource files with your code base without the extra manual work. If you haven't authenticated with Github yet, you will be asked to (see 'Authenticate with Github') at this point.
Our whole LingoHub translation workflow extensively uses Github integration. I encourage you to give it a try and see for yourself how it simplifies the process enormously. How integrating GIT into your localization workflow works in detail, I also outlined in a previous blogpost that I highly recommend, not only if you're new to this.
- 1 GitHub App, Over-the-Air Updates, and many more features to boost your software localization
- 2 Get started with the LingoHub iOS SDK - How to localize your iOS Apps with Over The Air updates
- 3 Get started with the LingoHub Android SDK - How to localize your Android Apps with Over The Air updates
- 4 Introducing Packages, Zendesk integration, and a new project wizard
- 5 Storyblok & LingoHub: Organize your content for the multilingual world