Introducing Packages, Zendesk integration, and a new project wizard
“LingoHub makes the translation part of software projects less chaotic and more fun”. -a happy LingoHub customer
And that is our mission here at LingoHub. With the upcoming product updates this year, i18n will become fun and without the hassle. Our today’s announcement is just a glimpse into our journey ahead.
In this article, you can find all the latest improvements coming to your LingoHub account. We’re excited to introduce Packages, a Zendesk integration, and an updated project wizard.
Please give it a read.
Packages - Creating snapshots of your translations
Managing multiple versions of your apps with different release cycles can become quite tricky pretty soon. Especially when working on mobile apps, version updates and releases become a lengthy process. With our newly introduced Packages, we give you new tooling to manage your app versions and releases more productively.
Packages allow you to create a snapshot of your current software translations.
Why and for which use cases is this important? At LingoHub, we see two main reasons why you should give Packages a try.
How does it work?
Depending on your supported platforms and other variables, you’ll likely have several environments that you use to manage your application(s). In order to ensure that your software translations are up-to-date and accurate, it’s imperative to have a reliable process for getting the right translations to your users.
LingoHub Packages give you a simple, yet an extensive option to manage your app version at different stages.
Creating a new Package is easy. Within the Resources section of your LingoHub project, you can find the new Packages tab, where you can create new packages or manage existing ones.
A package consists of the following parameters:
- Package Name: Give your package an expressive name
- Stage: Production or Pre-Production
- Versions: Specify which versions are valid for your package
- Releases: One package supports multiple releases
- Auto-generate new release package: Either manually create a new release or automatically generate it periodically.
Some things to note:
- If you download a certain release, you’ll get a zip file of that specific release
- (Coming soon) Set active: Setting a particular release as active will immediately deliver the release to your mobile clients aka Over The Air updates!
Backup your translations
LingoHub Packages are also a great way to backup your translation project. By automatically generating new releases, you ensure daily or weekly snapshots of your translations.
This way, you don’t need to manually sync or backup your translations. LingoHub Packages do the job for you.
Availability of Packages
Sounds interesting? Make sure to head over to your LingoHub account to give it a try.
Please note: The Packages are available in the Basic, Professional, and Enterprise plan. Are you not sure if you have Packages enabled? No worries, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to assist you.
Zendesk integration for your help & knowledge center
We are proud to announce our all-new integration with Zendesk.
With our new Zendesk integration for LingoHub, managing your help articles and knowledge center in various languages becomes a breeze. You can use the Zendesk integration to sync your Zendesk Help Desk with LingoHub and easily serve your help center in various languages.
How does it work?
To translate your Zendesk knowledge base and help center articles, we recommend setting up a new project inside LingoHub.
When you create a new project, simply select Zendesk as your preferred platform, define the source language and the target languages you want to translate to.
Important note: The source language must match with the defined language of your Zendesk settings. For example: If you have chosen English (United States) within your Zendesk account, the source language within LingoHub must be identical (English (United States)).
As a next step, you’ll simply connect your LingoHub project with your Zendesk account.
After this initial authentication, you can configure the following settings:
- Article synchronization: Do you want to synchronize (and therefore translate) all your help articles or just specific ones?
- Import settings: You can define the frequency of the article import. How regularly should your Zendesk articles be synchronized with your LingoHub project? Tip: When getting started, click the “import articles now” button to immediately sync your Zendesk articles to your LingoHub project
- Export settings: You can either export your translations manually or automatically. The automated sync allows you to define the frequency of the article export. Therefore, you can choose how often and when your translations should be synced back to Zendesk.
And that is basically all you have to do. After importing your Zendesk articles, you and your translators can get to work and start localizing your help center.
In case, you want to manually sync back your approved translations, you can immediately export all translations to Zendesk at the click of a button.
Sounds interesting? Make sure to head over to your LingoHub account.
The Zendesk integration is only available in the Professional or Enterprise plans. If you would like to learn more about those, please send us an email at email@example.com or send us a chat message inside your LingoHub projects.
If you would like to test the Zendesk integration, you can also sign up for a free trial here or simply reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Availability of Zendesk integration|
|Starter Plan||Basic Plan||Professional Plan||Enterprise Plan|
A new project wizard for all of us
There is magic in new beginnings. In particular, starting a new project can be exciting, no matter if that’s a mobile app you want to build, or a new language you want to support.
With the new project wizard, we listened closely to your feedback and re-worked the project setup from the scratch.
Getting started now gets easier and better. Simply choose the platform you want to support, select the languages you want to translate, and hit create.
Last but not least, you can simply choose to upload your resource files manually, or connect a repository of your choice. We’ve streamlined the project creation process for you. Go check it out yourself by simply creating a new project within LingoHub.****
What’s next at LingoHub
While LingoHub has seen some big updates, our team is constantly working on bug fixes and other, smaller improvements making your LingoHub experience better. Thanks to your feedback, we shipped quite a few bug fixes and UI improvements along those mentioned product updates.
In addition, we are already onto the next big topics. Stay tuned for the upcoming product updates, including the following features:
- Member permissions: We’re rebuilding the way member permissions work from the scratch. With new standard roles and custom permissions, we’re excited to bring a more transparent role management to LingoHub.
- Repository integrations: Adding new repository integrations (such as Azure Repos) and improving the existing ones (GitHub, GitLab & Bitbucket) is among our next top priorities. Finally you will be able to connect to Enterprise installations, have your own commit message, synchronize periodically, and much more.
- OTA Updates for mobile: We are particularly excited about introducing our new mobile SDK supporting over-the-air updates for iOS & Android.
Give LingoHub a try
After you’ve got a new LingoHub project created with the new Project Wizard, and you set up your LingoHub packages, make sure to let us know what you think.
Head over to your LingoHub account and give the updates a try.
Not using LingoHub yet? Try it out for free.
- 1 GitHub App, Over-the-Air Updates, and many more features to boost your software localization
- 2 Get started with the LingoHub iOS SDK - How to localize your iOS Apps with Over The Air updates
- 3 Get started with the LingoHub Android SDK - How to localize your Android Apps with Over The Air updates
- 4 Introducing Packages, Zendesk integration, and a new project wizard
- 5 Storyblok & LingoHub: Organize your content for the multilingual world