Qt Linguist is a tool provided by Qt to support the i18n process for Qt based applications. Qt TS is the resource file format to externalize your translations.
- the file format is based on XML
- the attribute “language” of the <TS> node has to be given and must specify the target locale used in this file using ISO 639-1 (it is allowed to use “_” as region separator, eg. “en_US”)
- the “language” attribute will be used by LingoHub to determine the language of the translations in the file
- if there is a locale in the filename, this information won’t be used
- every message element will result in a segment in LingoHub
- the <source> attribute will be used as translation title
- if <message> is grouped inside <context>, the <name> element value will prefix the translation title. So a <source> value has to be unique in its context.
- the <translation> element holds the content of the segment and is understood as translation for the language specified by the “language” attribute in the root node
- the content of <comment> attributes will be imported as description for the translation
- <location> elements will be stored by LingoHub and exported as imported
- placeholders are specified by “%” followed by a number, eg.: “%1”
Additional example files can be accessed here.