Our experience, knowledge and lessons learned - all here just for you.
LingoHub's Translation Orders help you get your text translated or reviewed by professionals in case you don't have a translator for a specific language within your team. This feature allows you to order translations in more than 40 languages and get notified as soon as your translations are ready.
Accessing the Translation Orders
There are two ways of accessing the translation orders :
- From the Orders tab in the navigation bar
The Orders tab is available on the navigation bar only if there is at least one project in your organization.
- From the Order Translations button in the project's dashboard.
Creating a Translation Order
To add a new translation order, simply click on the Order translations button and perform the following steps :
- Select the project for which you want to order translations
- Select the resource files you want to include in the order
- Add the languages you want to order translations for and choose for each the text segments you want to include in the order depending on their statuses and choose whether you want to add the proofreading option or not.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Click on the Place order now button: Note, if you haven't added your Billing Information to your organization already, you will be asked to enter them.
When you add the proofread option for a language, a second professional translator reviews the translations from the first one.
Canceling an order
To cancel a newly created order, click on the Cancel order icon then confirm the cancellation.
Managing existing orders
Below is a summary of the information available in the orders view and the actions that can be performed.
1 - The organization's projects with the number of active orders for each of them. Clicking on one of them will filter the orders and show them according to the selected project.
2 - Quick filters according to the status of the order. We can have :
- in progress: for the orders that are newly created and are waiting to be processed.
- with error: for the orders that have failed (i.e payment failed) or have been canceled.
- finished: for the orders that have been successfully completed.
3 - The avatar of the project for which the order has been placed. Hovering over it displays the name of the project.
4 - The dates the order has been added and last updated.
5 - The languages for which translations have been ordered.
6 - The number of words to be translated.
7 - The price of the translation. It depends on the word count and the language. The translations are charged by word and the translation price for each word varies according to the language.
8 - The current status of the order.
9 - Option that allows you to access the details of the translation order.
Outcome of a complete Translation Order
Once your translation order is complete, the following happens :
the statuses of the translated text segments are changed to TRANSLATED or to APPROVED if the proofreading option was enabled when placing the order.
your order's invoice will be available in the payments section of your order's details and can be downloadable as a PDF file.
You've made it through the Translation Orders guide. If there's anything we can help you with, please get in touch at [email protected].
Ready to optimize your translation workflow?
Try LingoHub PRO for free