Autofill becomes prefill
We recently made some changes to our autofill feature to improve it even more. In this changelog, I would like to tell you about all the big changes made to the autofill feature.
Autofill received a new name and is now called prefill.
The prefill feature is now able to overwrite already filled segments. Filters now define, which segments are prefilled.
The changes made to the former autofill feature can boost your translation efforts:
- Prefilling can easily be started at any point in time.
- Prefilling allows several filters to specify which text segments will be prefilled.
- Translations for identical text segments can easily be shared between projects.
- There is no need to start from a blank canvas anymore, prefilled machine translations can provide a good starting point for your translators or designers.
- With prefilling, you can easily localize pluricentric languages like German and Austrian German.
In addition to the changes made to the former autofill feature, we now include Amazon Translate in our machine translations.
We hope you will enjoy the new features, and of course, as always, we'd love to hear about your experience with LingoHub.