Packages - Creating snapshots of your translations
Managing multiple versions of your apps with different release cycles can become quite tricky pretty soon. Especially when working on mobile apps, version updates and releases become a lengthy process. With our newly introduced Packages, we give you new tooling to manage your app versions and releases more productively.
Packages allow you to create a snapshot of your current software translations.
Why and for which use cases is this important? At LingoHub, we see two main reasons why you should give Packages a try.
How does it work?
Depending on your supported platforms and other variables, you’ll likely have several environments that you use to manage your application(s). In order to ensure that your software translations are up-to-date and accurate, it’s imperative to have a reliable process for getting the right translations to your users.
LingoHub Packages give you a simple, yet an extensive option to manage your app version at different stages.
Creating a new Package is easy. Within the Resources section of your LingoHub project, you can find the new Packages tab, where you can create new packages or manage existing ones.
A package consists of the following parameters:
- Package Name: Give your package an expressive name
- Stage: Production or Pre-Production
- Versions: Specify which versions are valid for your package
- Releases: One package supports multiple releases
- Auto-generate new release package: Either manually create a new release or automatically generate it periodically.
Some things to note:
- If you download a certain release, you’ll get a zip file of that specific release
- (Coming soon) Set active: Setting a particular release as active will immediately deliver the release to your mobile clients aka Over The Air updates!
Backup your translations
LingoHub Packages are also a great way to backup your translation project. By automatically generating new releases, you ensure daily or weekly snapshots of your translations.
This way, you don’t need to manually sync or backup your translations. LingoHub Packages do the job for you.
Availability of Packages
Sounds interesting? Make sure to head over to your LingoHub account to give it a try.
Please note: The Packages are available in the Basic, Professional, and Enterprise plan. Are you not sure if you have Packages enabled? No worries, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and we are happy to assist you.
Head over to your LingoHub account and give the updates a try.
Not using LingoHub yet? Try it out for free.